Location: Orlando, Florida
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
In collaboration with and under the direction of an Anesthesiologist, administers anesthesia to patients as a qualified member of the anesthesia care team. Case assignment and oversight of the overall evaluation of the patient will be determined by an anesthesiologist. The certified registered nurse anesthetist shall demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to provide anesthesia care appropriate to the neonatal, pediatric and adolescent population; documents appropriately in the electronic medical record.
Incumbent will participate in departmental and hospital programs for Quality Assessment and Process Improvement, identifying opportunities to improve patient care and, making recommendations and implementing actions as appropriate and consistent with the goals of the Hospital, Anesthesia and Perioperative Services Department.
- Performs an individualized pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient to include review of consultations, history and physical, and relevant diagnostic studies; Selects, obtains, orders, and administers pre-anesthetic medications and fluid; obtains informed consent for anesthesia
- Develops and implements an anesthetic plan based on the patient's physiological response
- Initiates anesthetic technique that may include, general, regional, local and sedation
- Selects, applies and insets appropriate non-invasive and invasive monitoring modalities for continuous evaluation of the patient's physical status throughout the perioperative experience
- Facilitates emergence and recovery from anesthesia by selecting, obtaining, ordering and administering medications, fluids and ventilation support
- Provides appropriate handoff communication to receiving unit postoperatively e.g. PACU, NICU/PICU
- Implements acute and chronic pain modalities individualized to the patient
- Discharges patients from the post-anesthesia care area and provides post-anesthesia follow-up evaluation and care as appropriate
- Responds to emergency situations by providing airway management, administration of emergency fluids and medications using basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques
- Appropriately documents pertinent information in the patient's electronic medical record, providing timely and accurate anesthetic records
- Assists in the coordination and maintenance of anesthesia equipment and supplies.
- In collaboration with the anesthesiologists, monitors and evaluates quality of patient care and participates in department quality assurance and performance improvement activities
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings and activities
- Performs duties within the scope of practice in the state of Florida, practicing according to personal expertise, regulatory requirements and hospital policy
- Prioritizes patient care issues and responds accordingly
- Practices within regulatory requirements as defined by Joint Commission, American Society of Anesthesia Position Statements, and ACHA
On our 60-acre pediatric health campus, we offer family-centered specialty care, education, and state-of-the-art hospital services, along with world-class pediatric specialties such as rheumatology, interventional radiology, and comprehensive physical and rehabilitation medicine. Nemours Children's Hospital includes a new Nemours Children's Clinic, an ambulatory diagnostic center and extensive research and education facilities.
CRNA Position Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Nurse program
- Graduate from a nurse anesthesia educational program that is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Program (COA) or its predecessor
- Current Florida Registered Nurse License
- Current Florida Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Current Certification from the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists or it predecessor with biannual recertification required
- AHA BLS, PALS and ACLS required
Day, Night and Weekend shifts available, as well as Part Time and Full Time hours!!
Nemours offers its Associates a competitive salary and a robust benefits package that includes relocation, health/life/dental/vision for Associates and their dependents, a wellness program, CME, 403(b) with employer match, licensure and dues allowance, tuition reimbursement, legal plan, adoption assistance and many other benefit options. If you're looking for a position that will allow you to enjoy a work-life balance, have an opportunity for professional growth, and focus on pediatric care, this is the opportunity for you.