Location: Valley Stream, New York
Type: Full Time
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Internal Number: AUDIO005936
Position Overview: The audiologist is a professional who diagnoses, treats and manages individuals with hearing loss or balance problems. Audiologists refer patients and collaborate with physicians and other medical professionals for medical and surgical evaluation or treatments as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Obtain accurate medical history.
- Conduct routine and specialized auditory and vestibular assessment and record presence of disease or abnormality.
- Utilize behavioral and electrophysiological measures for diagnostic testing.
- Accurately analyze and interpret results of diagnostic testing and make appropriate recommendations for
- treatment, referrals and rehabilitation.
- Assess patient's candidacy for amplification. Dispense, fit and trouble-shoot hearing aides and other assistive
- listening devices.
- Counsels patients and families in the use of equipment, performs hearing aide repairs and promptly processes
- off-site repairs.
- Consistently and accurately maintains records, utilizing documentation guidelines outlined by facility policies and
- procedures. May include scheduling, billing and gathering of statistics.
- Communicates and collaborates with supervisor or interdisciplinary team on patient status and needs;
- communicates with supervisor and Supplemental Health Care regarding issues or concerns.
- Responsible for performing tasks that are within the scope of his/her educational preparation, knowledge, and
- permitted by the policies and procedures of Supplemental Health Care (SHC), and other local, state, and federal
- guidelines; and the policies of the facility requesting the services.
- Confer and collaborate with the interdisciplinary team, family and community agencies; assist with the
- coordination and provision of services.
Qualifications and Education:
- Master's degree from an accredited school of audiology.
- Valid, active license to practice as an Audiologist in the state in which employed.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A) preferred and may be required.
- Training and experience: Unless otherwise indicated, one year of current experience within the last three years in a comparable job classification required.
- Maintenance of current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for HealthCare Workers or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for HealthCare workers.
- Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of client information.
- Complies with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Able to wear personal protective equipment (e.g., face mask, goggles, latex/non-latex gloves) as needed.
- Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
- Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology.
- Health Requirements- In good health and able to work without restrictions as evidenced by Health Statement.
- Compliance with Supplemental Health Care's pre-assignment and medical requirements including: current TB screen, or Chest X-ray and questionnaire if proof of positive TB screen; Measles/Mumps/Rubella immunizations or titers indicating immunity; Hepatitis B Information or Waiver; and any additional state or facility medical requirements.
- Physical Demands-Stooping, turning, bending, squatting, kneeling and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds;
constant/repetitive standing; requires normal, correctable vision and hearing, and the ability to accurately
discern color as necessary to perform job functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability