Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
Join A Top Performing Cardiovascular Hospital Delivering High Quality Care with Exceptional Outcomes!
Mary Washington Healthcare is seeking Non-Invasive Cardiologists to join our newly created multi-specialty cardiology clinic in Fredericksburg, Virginia. You will enjoy the benefits of being a hospital employee and part of a multispecialty group comprised of 300+ members including hospitalists and a wide range of specialists. We have a multidisciplinary team that encompasses Cardiac Surgery, Structural Cardiology, Cardiac Catheterization, Electrophysiology, and Advanced Imaging.
The role blends inpatient consults, outpatient clinic, echocardiography, nuclear imaging, and stress-testing.
- Read and interpret echocardiography and nuclear perfusion studies (board certification encouraged)
- Ability to read cardiac CT is encouraged
- Perform TEE
- Diagnose and treat a wide range of heart and vascular problems.
- Supervise experienced APPs
- Communicate effectively with patients, physicians, staff, and administration.
- Inpatient and outpatient EMR is EPIC
- Outpatient facility is connected to the hospital
- Call is 1:6 weekends
- Opportunity for rapid practice growth and outreach in the community
- MD., DO., MBBS Degree
- Current, unrestricted, Virginia State license or eligible for Virginia licensure.
- Experienced physicians and new graduates welcome to apply. This position cannot support J1 visas.
- Completion of a residency in internal medicine and a fellowship in cardiology, from an ACGME approved program
- Current BC/BE in Cardiology (American Board of Internal Medicine/Cardiology) Board-eligible/board-certified in Cardiology.
- Board certification in Echo and/or Nuclear a plus.
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills are required as well as the desire to be part of a team that functions at the highest level.
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Competitive Compensation (Guaranteed Base, Performance and Productivity Bonuses)
- Sign-on and/or Relocation bonuses
- Student Loan Reimbursement
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement with annual matching program
- 457(b) Additional retirement program (non-matching)
- Yearly CME and travel allowances
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities
- Professional liability insurance, tail coverage included
Mary Washington Healthcare
Mary Washington Healthcare is a non-profit regional system consisting of two hospitals (571 beds), three emergency departments and over 50 healthcare facilities serving patients and communities across the greater Fredericksburg Region. We promote a culture of acceptance and innovation where you truly can "Be Heard". We are an accredited ACGME facility hosting our first 2023 Family and Internal Medicine Residents 2023.
The Fredericksburg region includes four counties (Caroline, King George, Spotsylvania, and Stafford) and the City of Fredericksburg, and is ideally located 50 miles south of Washington, DC and 50 miles north of Richmond the Capital of Virginia and is accessible to major cities and markets along the East Coast and the global marketplace. With a population of 450,000, the area has been designated Virginia's fastest growing for five consecutive years.
With the beautiful Shenandoah and Blue Ridge Mountains an hour drive west of Fredericksburg, outdoor recreation is right out your front door. Skiing and hiking, the beach and sightseeing are all within easy driving distance. Plus, an excellent public-school system, a great selection of private schools and options for higher education are an added bonus. Our family-friendly community means low crime and lots of great activities.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.