Dignity Health - YRMG is seeking a BC/BE Pediatrician to join our excellent team of providers. Yavapai Regional Medical Center is a full-service, not for profit community health system with two hospital locations and multi-specialty groups.
- MD/DO/IMG ; Pediatric residency required
- ABP certified or board eligible
- New residency graduates and experienced pediatricians welcome
About the practice:
- Joining a longstanding practice in Yavapai county with 2 pediatric MDs, 2 pediatric NPs, 1 behavioral health MD Phd and 1 behavioral Health APP.
- Busy practice serving patients from birth to age 21 for our geographically dispersed service area. Balanced mix of private and medicaid payers.
- 22 to 24 per day
- Inpatient: 10 bed peds inpatient service, average daily census 2.1 patients. Inpatient call includes a community based call group for all peds practices in the area including no-doc admissions and ED consult coverage. No newborns required. 5 to 6 consults per week
- 40 hour work week in outpatient setting, inpatient peds service and ED call is 1 in 5. Delayed clinic start on call days. Flexible scheduling, 4 10s available.
- Procedures: Circumcision preferred, not required. Basic laceration repair, suture and staple removal, simple in-office I&D, wart removal via liquid nitrogen, splint placement. OMT is possible (optional.)
- Call: Community peds call group covering inpatient peds service and ED consults with call 1 in 5. Newborn nursery not included/required (but could potentially be optional if this is desired.)
Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) was incorporated in 1942. What started as a simple, community hospital in the old Jefferson School building on Marina Street is today a state-of-the-art healthcare system with two acute care hospitals, a network of primary and specialty care clinics, outpatient health and wellness centers, cardiac diagnostic centers, and outpatient medical imaging centers. Together, YRMCs network of services provides medical care and wellness resources to a geographic area encompassing 5,500 square miles and covering the communities of Prescott, Prescott Valley, Chino Valley, Dewey, Humboldt, Mayer, Paulden, Bagdad, Yarnell, Kirkland, Skull Valley, and Crown King.
As the regions leading not-for-profit healthcare provider, Yavapai Regional Medical Center is guided by a community-based board of trustees, a values-based team of experienced administrators and hundreds of physicians in multiple specialties who form the YRMC Medical Staff. Complementing this outstanding leadership are the skills, training and competence of professional nurses, therapists, technicians, support personnel and generous volunteers.
As a provider with Dignity Health - Yavapai Regional Medical Group, you will benefit from access to the comprehensive resources available through the largest non-profit healthcare organization in the region - Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) - with two acute care hospitals, 29 clinics including primary care and specialties and over 2300 employees.
Prescott and surrounding areas community:
Set amid a stunning mountain landscape, Prescott and its surrounding communities offer all the amenities of a major metropolitan area without the clutter and traffic of a big city. Not the desert world often associated with Arizona, our mile-high elevation offers four seasons with pine forests, clear streams and mountain lakes. Here, its possible to snow ski and water ski in the same day. And were only 90 minutes from Phoenix, with its international airport, major professional sports teams and access to top name entertainment all year round.
Prescott is a city in central Arizona. Downtown, historic Whiskey Row is known for its bars and live music venues. The Sharlot Hall Museum documents the regions pioneer-era history. The Smoki Museum exhibits artifacts from indigenous peoples of the Southwest.
Prescott is also known as the Christmas City of Arizona and we also pride ourselves as being known for Everybody's Hometown.
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.