Location: Newark, Delaware
ChristianaCare is seeking a Medical Director, Cardiac Surgery Intensivist to work in collaboration with our cardiovascular surgeons at the Center for Heart & Vascular Health at Christiana Hospital.
The successful candidate will provide daily clinical management for cardiac surgery patients in our Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit with dedicated administrative time for Medical Director responsibilities. The Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit is a shared 27-bed unit caring for both Cardiothoracic Surgery and Cardiology patients, with a 12-15 surgical patient average daily census.
- 7 on/7 off schedule
- CICU team includes interventionalists, advanced heart failure cardiologists, critical care physicians and experienced APCs.
- ChristianaCare cardiovascular surgeons perform over 850 cardiac surgical procedures including 650 open heart surgeries annually.
- Opportunities to participate in teaching of Cardiology Fellows and house staff and engagement in clinical research. ChristianaCare is affiliated with the Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University. In addition, the Center partners with the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) for cardiac transplantation and transplant medicine services.
- Collaborate with other members of the section of Cardiology that also includes diverse community-based practices.
Qualified applicants will possess:
- BC Thoracic Surgery or BC Anesthesia with Cardiac fellowship training
- Must have the ability to be licensed in the State of Delaware and meet credentialing requirements.