Nurse Practitioner – Cardiology/Vascular Surgery; Non- Operative Plano
Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital, Plano is currently seeking an experienced Advanced Practice Professional (APP) to join their growing team, where comprehensive care to patients with a variety of cardiovascular disorders are provided.
This position requires a strong focus on patient care and service. Individuals who are self-motivated, hardworking, detail-oriented, and adhere to clinical protocols are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will provide patient care in a competent, professional, and courteous manner, and will maintain effective communication with patients, hospital staff, and referring physicians. The APP will practice in close collaboration with various surgeons and other providers, who will deliver continuing education in the evaluation and management of our cardiac patients. In addition, they will provide medical care based upon the scope of practice as delineated by the supervising physician. These providers work in a specialty area and may be expected to float between locations in our North Dallas Market.
Key responsibilities are:
- Assess, diagnose, and create treatment plans for patients with cardiovascular disease processes, independently and in collaboration with the physician(s)
- Manage acute and chronic cardiac and vascular conditions
- Evaluate for and recommend appropriate intervention
- Perform history and physical consultation to determine appropriate plan of care
- Order, collect, interpret, and evaluate laboratory and other diagnostic tests to assess patient problems and health care needs
- Provide peer-to-peer consultation for emergency room, hospitalists, and other providers regarding cardiovascular conditions
- Monitor patients across the health care continuum and develop strategies to avoid hospitalization and/or decrease length of stay
- Provide procedural follow-up care for CV surgical patients
- Care for complex heart failure patients in evaluation for advanced therapies
- Discharge patients from the cardiology, electrophysiology (EP), and/or CVS service lines, and provide appropriate follow-up
- Counsel patients and families regarding medical processes and/or procedures, management of the health illness/condition, medication, nutrition, and health promotion
- Counsel patients about drug regimens and possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as food supplements, over the counter medications and herbal remedies.
- Maintains appropriate records detailing the patient’s treatment plans and outcomes. Initiates timely consultation and referral when the problem exceeds scope of practice and/or expertise.
- Provide consultation level services for conditions/problems related to the provider’s specialty, scope, level of experience, and training.
Shift/Schedule: Monday through Friday, four, ten-hour shifts per week, with a collaborative weekend rotation, every 4-5th weekends.