Location: Cortland, New York
Internal Number: 69e1b30c4fdb830cb47bdc21de89e2a6
Schedule flexibility $150k loan repayment plus starting and retention bonuses
Guthrie is seeking a BC/BE Fellowship trained Cardiologist to join its experienced Cardiovascular team at Cortland.
Highlights of the Position
- Join a well-established Cardiology practice with excellent growth opportunity
- $50k starting and retention bonus
- Schedule flexibility to support work-life balance
- Low cost of living
- Visa sponsorship available
- Enjoy the convenience of providing inpatient and outpatient care at co-located facilities
- Comfortable general cardiology call
- Robus clinical research program
Guthrie offers a full spectrum of outpatient and inpatient cardiac and vascular testing and treatments with diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterization vascular and endovascular surgery cardiac surgery including TAVR electrophysiology PVI ablations ICD and CRT-D implantation non-invasive testing services cardiac rehabilitation an arrhythmia center with left atrial appendage occlusion (Watchman) and advanced cardiac imaging.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie Clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led we deliver on that promise through an integrated healthcare delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Work Life Balance
- Traditional Monday through Friday schedule with comfortable general cardiology call
- Generous Paid Time Off annually in addition to holidays and sick time
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive RVU model with strong internal referral network
- Full benefits including medical dental vision and disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance including tail coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions
- Allowance for primary licensure fees Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate and renewals
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis
- Meeting time - 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration certifications membership fees for specialty-specific medical societies
- Guthrie's residency and fellowship programs offer the opportunity for clinical academic appointments. The successful candidate also has the potential to participate in medical student education. Guthrie is a regional campus for the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Physician mentoring and leadership training opportunities available
- Paid relocation
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated Onboarding Specialist and Provider Services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie