Location: Miami, Florida
Assesses, implements, evaluates, and oversees the plan of care for Pediatric Emergency and Level I Trauma patients utilizing a team-based collaborative multidisciplinary approach. Provides compassionate patient and family centered care, has a passion for learning, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Supports and upholds quality standards of a Magnet designated hospital and Patient Bill of Rights. Practices under the supervision of the Nursing Manager/Director.
Minimum Job Requirements
- RN - Registered Nurse RN Licensure within the State of Florida or Multi-State Enhanced Nursing License Compact (eNLC) - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- PALS - American Heart Association PALS must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 2 years
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Institute must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment within 1 year
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- ACLS within 1 year of hire and in good standing throughout employment preferred
- Nursing experience in a pediatric emergency room setting strongly preferred
- Proficiency in computers and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) preferred
- Able to analyze and interpret data and utilize the information to make judgments regarding patient care
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to positively influence, hold self and others accountable
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Ability to apply principles of evidence-based practice, analytical thinking, and service excellence in practice
- Able to provide coverage for on-call assignments per departmental and hospital policy
Job Specific Duties
- Completes a comprehensive multi-system assessment that includes Cardiac, Respiratory and Neurological. Develops a plan of care and conducts reassessments.
- Communicates patient's progress (critical findings & condition) with the physician and/or disciplines involved in care. Ensures accuracy through close loop communication with provider.
- Provides care such as starting/monitoring IV's, specimen collection, POC testing, medication administration, and assists medical team with other procedures including sedation as required per policy.
- Actively supports patient (1:1 care with critical patients) by transporting the patient to all areas within the hospital for procedures.
- Completes bedside hand-off communication at shift change, transfers, and patient reassignments.
- Reviews patient admission history, prepares and accurately completes the discharge planning with a focus on an accurate electronic discharge process.
- Responds to codes and traumas as needed; documents and takes action according departmental protocols.
- Ensures accurate completion of triage documentation including vital signs and patient history as per department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Accesses Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and completes accurate and timely documentation including: radiology workflow, consents, and discharge documentation.
- Communicates and documents critical lab results per hospital policy and procedures.
- Completes rounding to provide comfort measures, pain assessment and/or reassessment. Plans and carries through on all needs for the patient and family.
- Promotes an "error-free" working environment by consistently providing high-quality safe care as prompted.
- Demonstrates and ensures proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) indication and use.
- Meets or exceeds unit standards in achieving hospital-wide CEI/SEI. Completes documentation in a timely manner, & is accountable to regulatory requirements of the DNV & other accrediting agencies.
- Provides continuous supervision, observation of behavioral health patients, and adheres to non-violent crisis intervention strategies (CPI).
Nursing - Clinical
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
EMERGENCY ROOM NURSING-2100-670600