All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Part Time
Location: Address: 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
- 52-bed unit. In January 2018, we expanded by opening this brand-new state-of-the-art unit.
- 80% of our patient population are trauma patients. Our traumas involve the bone, tendon, nerve, or muscle.
- 20% of our patient population are electives. These patients are seeking a new outlook on life with a new knee, hip, or shoulder joint or a limb lengthening procedure.
The community you’ll be caring for:
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Under general supervision, the Transport Nurse is responsible for the safe transport of critically ill patients, working jointly with appropriate staff (i.e. EMT, CCEMT-P, Flight RT) in patient care decisions. Completes and documents patient assessments, treatments, medication, reactions as per department protocols and AH policy. Adheres to all safety requirements while transporting patients, in and around vehicles/aircraft. Communicates patient updates to physicians with hand of care to receiving RN and appropriate triage of urgency. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Completes and documents patient assessments, provides interventions with accurate administration and calculation of medications and the responses, as per department protocols’ and AH policy.
- Utilizes specific knowledge in emergency care of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Adheres to safety requirements and applies caution remaining alert to hazards at all times, while transporting patients. Utilizes proficiency in radio communications and emergency procedures.
- Communicates patient updates to physicians and receiving units through dispatch for medical control.
- Completes timely patient care documentation for patient hand off and safety.