Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Nemours Children's Health, Delaware Valley is seeking a neonatal nurse practitioner or experienced NICU physician assistant to join our APP team. You will be working collaboratively with our NICU providers delivering care in our Level IV NICU. This position includes Neonatal Transport, and delivery room attendance in our Advanced Delivery Unit.
As Delaware's only Level IV NICU, the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children provides care for the most critically ill infants. Our NICU is the state's only neonatal extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) center and our team cares for both medically and surgically complex patients with varying diagnoses, including respiratory, cardiac, neurologic, gastrointestinal, renal/urologic, skeletal, and metabolic disorders.
The NICU team currently provides care for up to 32 patients in our state of the art, single-room design unit, as well as attending deliveries in our High Risk Delivery Center for neonates with known congenital anomalies.
- Master degree (MSN), or Physician Assistant license required
- Minimum of 2 years NNP or NICU PA experience. Other job experience may not be substituted for this requirement
- Delivery room and NICU experience required
- Transport experience preferred, this position will include air and ground transports
- Active Delaware (or compact state) Registered Nurse Licensure Required
- Active Delaware Advanced Practice Nurse Licensure, with or without prescriptive authority
- Current National Certification (NCC)
- Current certification in BLS and NRP. PALS certification preferred but will provide
- Rotating shifts required