Location: Jacksonville, Florida
The Division of Pulmonology & Pharmacology at Nemours Children's Health in Jacksonville is seeking a pulmonary/sleep physician to join its division. This is a full-time employed position with ample teaching and research opportunities.
The Pulmonary Division has had a strong track record of accomplishments in the delivery of clinical services to children with respiratory disorders, as well as the conduct of clinical research. Our program is growing to both meet demand and in preparation for starting a fellowship in Pediatric Pulmonology.
The successful candidate will hold an MD/DO, or foreign equivalent degree, be board certified or eligible in both Pediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine and be eligible for unrestricted Florida medical license.
Opportunity and Program highlights:
- Nemours Children's Health Jacksonville is the only pediatric pulmonary group in our catchment area in North Florida and South Georgia with a steady increase in referrals as the population has grown.
- We are a division of four (4) physicians and one (1) advanced practice provider; with a full complement of ancillary staff including excellent administrative and clinical support that includes ten (10) clinical support staff including nurses, social worker, dietitian, and respiratory therapists. Our team also includes a PharmD pharmacologist with a long track record of funded research in the area of asthma management.
- One additional Sleep Medicine physician within the Division of Neurology.
- Inpatient medical care and the sleep lab are provided at our adjacent state-of-the-art partner hospital Wolfson Children's Hospital
- We have an accredited Cystic Fibrosis Foundation care center and an established partnership with Mayo Clinic Florida for adult CF care, lung transplant and transition. Our Therapeutic Development Network site has 6 current active studies.
- Nemours is a leading site in the American Lung Association Airways Clinical Research Centers network, which provides opportunities for developing collaborative research and obtaining funding through the American Lung Association.
- The division has a long-standing record of participation in successful clinical research in asthma, cystic fibrosis and related pharmacology funded by NIH, CFF, private foundations and industry.
- We actively participate in graduate and post graduate education of residents and fellows as well as medical students of the University of Florida Jacksonville and Mayo Clinic programs. We are in the final stages of applying to start our own Pediatric Pulmonology fellowship.
- Academic faculty appointments available through Mayo Medical School and the University of Florida, Jacksonville.
- Research support is available for a candidate with a strong interest or track record in clinical or translational research.
- Learn more about Nemours Children's Health and our Mission: Nemours' Mission
For confidential consideration, please provide your CV and cover letter to:
Fernando Moncada, CPRP
With a CC to:
Charles McCaslin, MD
Division Chief, Director Cystic Fibrosis Care Center
With three clinic locations in the Jacksonville area, Nemours Children's Health is a leading provider of pediatric specialty care in north Florida with many of our pediatric specialists regularly recognized as the "Best Doctors in America(r)." We offer comprehensive, family-centered care in more than 30 pediatric specialties. Several of those specialties, offered in collaboration with Wolfson Children's Hospital, have been named among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Jacksonville is Florida's River City by the Sea. With 840 square miles, it is the largest city in the United States. It is a city that still has a small-town atmosphere but has grown to become a sophisticated business city with a penchant for culture, sports and exceptional quality of life.
The area is home to over 35 miles of sandy, white beaches; more than 55 world-class golf courses, including the Stadium Course at Sawgrass, beautiful state parks; luxurious spas and resorts. Cultural attractions include the Jacksonville Symphony; the Florida Theatre, which offers national performers on stage nearly every night of the year; touring Broadway shows; and the Museum of Science and History.
Nemours offers a competitive salary and extensive benefits package that includes bonus incentives, relocation allowance, life insurance, comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, CME and board maintenance allowances, retirement plan with employer matching and an additional 457B retirement savings plan, paid time off, paid parental time off, educational allowance, paid licensure and malpractice fees, professional membership dues allowance, and more.