Location: Meridian, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Meridian is seeking a RN to join our Heart Failure Clinic team.
Heart Failure is a small specialty clinic with the goal of educating patients about heart failure and managing their symptoms to keep them out of the ER. The clinic has a Care Transition Team that includes RNs, a social worker, and a dietitian who can assist with issues related to obtaining care, healthy diet, and organizing medications. The team coordinates across various specialties as needed, including home health, palliative care, and hospice. They also partner with Intermountain Medical Center in Utah to provide advanced heart failure therapies, such as transplant and left ventricular assist device (LVAD) surgeries.
The day to day duties of the RN are as follows:
- Telephone symptom triage
- Epic in-basket monitoring/management
- Venipuncture with POCT testing.
- Starting IV for administration of IV Bumex.
- HF education for new patients.
- Notifying patients of test results/messages from providers.
- Medication refills.
- Troubleshooting medication affordability.
- Facilitating/supporting MAs to help clinic/providers to run on time.
- More within RN scope of practice.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 4 days per week, 7:00am - 5:30pm, with a variable day off. There is an option for 5, 8 hour days if preferred.
SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Manages care of patients.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's of Nursing Degree
- Experience: 1 years' experience
- Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
- Experience in Cardiology or Heart Failure Settings
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
The city of Meridian is a suburb of Boise located approximately 10 miles from downtown Boise. Meridian is a premier place to live and work with just under 90,000 residents. This clean and attractive city is framed by mountains and has a pleasant mild, 4-season climate and excellent commerce. The city offers a wide selection of nearby recreational activities such as skiing, 130 miles of hiking trails and 25 miles of paths which link 850 acres of parks. Meridian offers premier shopping, dining, and entertainment.
Learn more about what Meridian and the Treasure Valley has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | City of Meridian | The Village | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.