Tower Health is a regional integrated healthcare system that offers compassionate, high quality, leading edge healthcare and wellness services to communities in Berks, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties. With approximately 11,500 employees, Tower Health consists of Reading Hospital in West Reading; Phoenixville Hospital in Phoenixville; Pottstown Hospital in Pottstown; and St. Christopher's Hospital for Children in Philadelphia, in partnership with Drexel University. Tower Health is strongly committed to academic medicine and training, including multiple residency and fellowship programs, the Drexel University College of Medicine at Tower Health, and the Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences in West Reading. The system also includes Reading Hospital Rehabilitation at Wyomissing; home healthcare provided by Tower Health at Home; TowerDirect ambulance and emergency response; Tower Health Medical Group; Tower Health Providers, our clinically integrated network; and 25 Tower Health Urgent Care facilities across our service area. For more information, visit towerhealth.org
. Job Summary St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
A leader in pediatric care since 1875, St. Christopher's Hospital for Children's nationally recognized programs and pediatric specialists provide exceptional care to children from throughout the Greater Philadelphia area and around the world. The mission of St. Christopher's Hospital for Children is to provide quality pediatric services in a caring, progressive environment. St. Christopher's Hospital is committed to quality through teamwork, technology and service in a child-friendly, family-oriented environment.
Caring for children is our passion. Here, we develop, offer, and refine nationally recognized programs through patient- and family-centered, collaborative, and innovative care.
We're an academic medical center, which means we bring you the latest in diagnostics, treatments, and innovations - all tailored specifically to the needs of your child. Through our research, academics, and clinical care, children and families depend on the leading-edge care found only at an academic medical center.
The Section of Pediatric Pulmonary at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children seeks a full-time Pediatric Pulmonary Staff Physician
.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advocate for programs and resources necessary to optimize outcomes of Section priorities and the pediatric patients the Section serves.
- Provide clinical supervision of medical services and assure appropriateness, quality, and safety of patient care within the division and assure appropriate supervision of trainees.
- Promote teaching by providing leadership for and participation in the education of medical students, fellows, house staff, nursing, and medical staff. Provide leadership in area of expertise to the department and its affiliated institutions.
- Maintain open line of communication with practice vice president, director, practice manager and other clinical and professional colleagues.
- Support administrative decisions and activities affecting patient care.
- Obtain health history and perform physical examinations.
- Diagnose and direct counseling for each patient on a plan for treatment.
- Review incoming reports (e.g. labs, x-ray, RUS, ECHO, MRI and CT, etc.)
Physicians provide day (inpatient) and night call coverage for 7 days a week. Inpatient and night call coverage are usually bundled and done the same week.Also includes:
In joining St. Christopher's you'll enjoy:
- Pulmonology outpatient clinic services
- Hospital consult service
- Sleep Clinic
Benefits & Perks:
- Work/life balance and flexibility
- Teaching, quality improvement and strategic development opportunities
- The latest in diagnostics, treatments, and innovations
- EMR System: EPIC
- Team-based care with dedicated support staff
- Competitive Compensation Plan with Comprehensive Benefits
- Generous earned time-off
- CME time and money
- 403(b) (matched) and 457(b) Retirement Plans
- Faculty rank through Drexel University College of Medicine, commensurate with experience
- Educational Loan Assistance
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
- Spousal/Domestic Partner Job Search Support
Philadelphia, located between New York and Washington D.C, is considered to be the birthplace of the United States. The Constitution was debated here in Philadelphia in what is now Independence Hall. The nearby Liberty Bell Center is home to the famous two-thousand-pound bell which became a symbol of freedom. The National Constitution Center also tells the story of 1920s prohibition. Learn more about Al Capone and other famous former inmates at the Eastern State Penitentiary. The Philadelphia Museum of Art, one of the country's largest museums, is not to be missed. At Fairmount Park, discover outdoor art on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, as well as the Smith Memorial Arch dedicated to Civil War heroes. Attractions for kids include Philadelphia Zoo, the oldest zoo in America. Meet more animals at the Academy of Natural Sciences or enjoy fun and educational interactive displays at the Please Touch Museum.Virtual Tour - St. Chris Contact Name: Bill Mawhinney Contact Email: Bill.Mawhinney@towerhealth.org Contact Phone: 484-545-7690 #LI Qualifications
- Fellowship trained board certified/board eligible Pediatric Pulmonologist
- Must be board-certified by the American Board of Pediatrics
- Hold or be eligible for an unrestricted and unchallenged license to practice medicine in the state of Pennsylvania
- Valid DEA Licensure