Location: Hawthorne, New York
Salary: $27.63 - $34.74
A Licensed Practical Nurse provides care to patients of all ages, within their scope ofexperience and training in the inpatient, clinic, physician office, outpatient and/or other facility settings. They must administer nursing care using good judgment, methods, and skills under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Physician.
- Observes, monitors, and records physiological measurements.
- Provides treatment to patients per organizational protocols.
- Assists providers with patient examinations, therapeutic measures, and procedures.
- Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patients and plans for patient care.
- Identifying and providing for physical, emotional, and developmental patient needs.
- Counseling and providing health education to patients and their families; explaining the procedures planned for the patient.
- Responsible for strict administration, control, and dispensation of prescription medication in accordance with organizational policy.
- Notifying the appropriate provider promptly of unusual reactions and changes in conditions.
- Performs functions of a Surgical Scheduler as needed and requested.
- Initiates, issues and verifies patient referrals and insurance authorization/pre-certifications as necessary.
- Safeguarding and inventorying equipment and supplies.
- Following Universal Precautions and Infection Control Procedures.
- Ability to establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency situations.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, staff trainings, weekly team huddles.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
- Respects patients by recognizing their rights; maintaining confidentiality.
- Utilizes technology, including specialized software as applicable, to maximize productivity.
- Develops and maintains electronic files as necessary.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills; provides customer service; assists other support staff as necessary; collaborates with all levels of internal leadership, management, and staff as well as outside clients, vendors, and other external parties.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum one (1) year of nursing experience preferred.
Graduate degree from an accredited licensed practical nurse program required.
Licenses / Certifications:
Current New York State LPN license. Maintenance of current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for HealthCare Workers or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for HealthCare workers.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC