MRI Technologist PRN – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
- Variable Shifts available for pickup
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
Under the direction of the Radiologist, performs MRI radiologic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical procedures that will require independent judgment and initiative to perform MRI procedures and appropriate protocols for diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Rotates emergency call status.
- Contacts GE/Phillips service engineer for assistance when system problem arises.
- Performs other related duties as required and deemed necessary per Radiology Director.
- Follows “Standard of Behavior” guidelines per hospital policy.
- Maintains ethical relationships and cooperates with all personnel in proper conduct of department
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Transfers and positions patients. Lifting of patients is necessary at times...
- Initiates and assists in Code Blue procedures if called.
- Provides protection in accordance with prescribed safety standards...
- Operates computer by typing in patient information needed for the examination and proper protocols for the procedure.
- Verify and transmit each exam to the PACs System... This secures storage of each patient scanned for future reference.
- Participates in the training of MRI technologists.
- Maintains adequate record of each procedure done.
- Maintains record of each patient examination by filling out forms for examination procedure and protocol used: health forms, medical symptoms, history, contraindications. This includes amount of contrast injected (if any), what type of contrast and clinical information.
- Follows the AIDET model(Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation and Thank) .
- Attends a minimum of 50% of scheduled department meetings and is accountable for obtaining information from missed meetings.
- Operates Cerner System proficiently, trouble shoots problems with orders and makes corrections within scope of user level.
- Verify the physician signed order for the MRI exam before beginning the test.
- Sets up and maintains all physiological monitoring equipment and supplies: pulse oximeter; contrast power injector; cardiac, peripheral and respiratory gaiter; and all other equipment necessary to complete procedure.
- Prepares room for procedure. Select proper coils, positioning pads and patient monitoring equipment.
- Provides immobilization devices as required.
- Selects proper technical factors and protocols on an individual basis for each examination.
- Administers contrast media under the direction of the Radiologist.
- Brings computers up each morning.
- Shuts computer down in evening.