Performs routine respiratory care procedures in the acute care, critical care and outpatient environment; perform respiratory care assessments and diagnostic testing procedures associated with respiratory care under occasional guidance.
- Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation.
- Provides education for students in affiliated clinical training programs as well as patients and families.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Please click the link to view our Angel 3 Ambulance:
- 7:00 pm-7:00 am/3 Shifts a week
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
- American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 1 year relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician Required
- TN Driver's License Required
- Emergency Medical Technician KY
Additional Qualification Information:
- BLS RequiredVanessa K Free (within 1 week of hire)Emergency Vehicle Operator (within 30 days of hire)