Licensed Practical Nurse - Vanderbilt Lung Institute: Vanderbilt Asthma, Sinus, Allergy Clinic (VASAP Clinic)
Signing Bonus Available to Eligible Candidates*
- Supports the licensed healthcare team members in the provision of patient care to include direct patient care, providing healthcare information to patients/families, and following established plan of care
- Works in close collaboration with the RN or a licensed healthcare team member to evaluate the patient's plan of care and progress toward goal attainment
- All patient care activities are undertaken with the delegation/supervision of a licensed professional in accordance with VUMC standards and licensure regulations.
Critical functions include but not limited to the following:
- Rooming patients
- Giving injections
- Medication refills
- obtaining prior authorizations
- Skin testing
- Pulmonary function studies
- Assisting with procedures
This position supports all five VASAP facilities and the ENT clinic on site at the West End.
The candidate would primarily work in Nashville but will be utilized to provide backup at the Brentwood/Franklin and Lebanon locations. Additionally, the candidate will support all five locations through backup coverage and administrative support.
Licensed Practical Nurse sign on bonus:
- $10,000 sign on bonus to eligible candidate
- Eligible candidate must already have active License Practical Nurse
*Licensed Practical Nurse Sign On Bonus Eligibility Requirements:
- The sign on bonus is available for full-time Licensed Practical Nurse positions.
- This sign on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past year.
- The installment will be paid out in one-time lump sum installment after 60 days of employment
Welcome to Vanderbilt Asthma, Sinus and Allergy Program (ASAP):
We are the first multi-specialty program in the country dedicated to treating airway diseases. If you have asthma, allergy or sinus problems, we offer total care including testing, treatment, resolution and management -- all under one roof.
If you need relief from allergy, sinus or asthma issues, we can help you feel better fast. Vanderbilt is the first multi-specialty program in the country dedicated to the evaluation, treatment, and management of airway diseases. Patients have access to a total care system that encompasses evaluation, treatment, resolution, and management.
Allergies can prevent you from enjoying food, nature and pets. They can also make it hard to use many household products. We offer complete care to help you manage your allergies.
Sinus issues can cause trouble breathing, headaches or swelling in your face. We can help you find sinus relief.
Uncontrolled asthma can prevent you from being active and enjoying life. We can test, diagnose and treat your asthma, often in just one visit.
ASAP Location and Hours:
Our main office location is on West End Avenue next to Vanderbilt University and where the position is available. Additional locations are in Brentwood and Franklin, offer complete services, and include free onsite parking. We also are opening other clinics in Gallatin and Lebanon. Travel to other clinics may be required as business dictates.
The clinic is open Monday - Friday; Days. 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Clinic Hours Information (West End location):
Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
This position supports all five VASAP facilities and the ENT clinic on site at the West End.
The candidate would primarily work in Nashville but will be utilized to provide backup at the Brentwood/Franklin, and Lebanon locations. Additionally, the candidate will support all five locations through backup coverage and administrative support.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
* Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
* Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
* Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
* Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
* Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
* Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
* Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
* VUMC Nursing: http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
- Collaborates with patients/families and health care providers in the delivery of health care services.
- Partners with the healthcare team by following established plan of care to ensure patient progress for effective outcomes.
- Support plans to promote health and a safe and healthy environment.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
LPN PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient education in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
LPN CARE PLANNING (NOVICE):- Participates in the development of the plan of care in consultation with the licensed healthcare team. Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments often simultaneously, prioritizing work into manageable and measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
CLINICAL PATIENT DOCUMENTATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate patient documentation in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments. Contributes to the nursing assessment by collecting, reporting, and recording objective and subjective data in an accurate and timely manner.
CLINICAL COMPETENCY (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate nursing interventions (such as wound care, point of care testing, vitals signs, etc.) in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
- Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job.
- Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S2):
- - Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- - Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S2):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns tosupervisors in a timely manner.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S2):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S2):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S2):
- - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- - Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.