Cardiac Sonographer - Merced Clinic - Per diem
SUMMARY: This position is accountable for accurately, safely and efficiently performing routine echocardiographic and congenital procedures with competency, including assisting in transesophageal, epicardial and intracardiac echocardiographic procedures in outpatient, inpatient, cath lab and operative environments. Acts as a department resource to the Cardiologist and service-line as required. Generates and prepares a draft echocardiogram report using the archiving and report writing software. Works under the direction of the Lead Cardiac Sonographer, department manager and medical director. May functions as a preceptor, role model and clinical resource. Participates in the rotation of on-call duties and Outreach Clinic involvement with other Cardiac Sonographers as assigned. Performs EKGs, Holter and multi-event applications as needed.
* Performs routine and complex congenital echocardiographic studies.
* Provides assistance with transesophageal, epicardial & intracardiac echocardiographic examinations under Cardiologist supervision.
* Obtains accurate dynamic and static images, hemodynamic and functional data utilizing established echocardiographic procedure protocols for routine studies.
* Completion of an encounter requires communication with the Cardiologist.
* Expeditious notification of significant or critical results in accordance with policy.
* Ensures patient safety and adheres to applicable hospital policies and regulations at all times.
* Reviews completed echo examinations in the presence of the Cardiologist. Compares with previous study(s) when available.
* Verifies and reviews orders for procedures and test indications, patient clinical history, and exams prior to study. Correctly identifies the patient and prepares for the exam, including introduction and explanation of the procedure and manner and timing of forthcoming test results to the patient and family.
* Prepares a draft echo report using the CardioPACs report writer software. Reports should be complete, accurate, free of errors and omissions. Reports should be worded in a manner as reviewed and discussed with the Cardiologist. Reports should be completed within 24 hours of procedure. Edits should be completed expeditiously. Significant or critical reports should be completed within established guidelines.
* Acts as a department resource to the Cardiologist and manager as required. May act as a preceptor to new staff.
* Facilitates and coordinates the flow of patients. Collaborates with front office staff in scheduling daily patient appointments under the direction of the Practice Manager. Completes inpatient and outpatient echocardiographic examinations in an expeditious manner.
* Ensures that digital echocardiographic studies and completed report are successfully archived on the CardioPACs network and electronic medical record (EMR). Troubleshoots and resolve network and echo equipment problems as necessary. Participates in the regular cleaning of equipment. Stocks rooms with supplies and linen. Performs EKG and the application of Holter and multi-event monitors as necessary to help maintain flow within the department and at outreach clinics. Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Uses identified self-assessment/educational tools to advance mastery in the field of sonography.
* Two year college degree in Echocardiography/Ultrasonography and Program Accredited Echocardiography/Ultrasonography Technical/Vocational Training required; OR High School Diploma/G.E.D. and equivalent experience sufficient to allow for successful completion of ARDMS certification in Echocardiography required. Four year college degree in Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography preferred. Basic Life Support (BLS) required within 30 days of hire or transfer into position.
* CCI - Cardiovascular Credentialing International withing 18 months of hire or transfer into position OR
* RDCS-PE - ARDMS Pediatric Echocardiography within 18 months of hire or transfer into position required
* RDCS-AE - ARDMS Adult Echocardiography or RDCS-FE - ARDMS Fetal Echocardiography preferred
* One year Congenital & pediatric echocardiography preferred
* Demonstrated proficiency in the skills and knowledge required to perform the job required
POSITION DETAILS: Per diem as needed, Days offering a competitive salary
PAY RANGE: $39.85 - $63.75
LOCATION: Merced, CA