FT Night - 10k sign on bonus - 2 years RN experience required.
Join Baylor Scott and White Medical Center – Lake Pointe as a Registered Nurse and be part of something better!
Our Emergency Department unit is a fast-paced environment that includes high acuity patients. Are you looking to increase your knowledge base? Our Emergency Department leadership team fosters an environment that supports learning, mentoring, and building every team member.
Patient Population: Adult, Pediatric, Geriatric
Patient Ratios: 4:1, with time of patient surge 5:1
Number of Beds: 20 beds
Department Specifics: Level 3 trauma center, Chest pain accredited center, stroke receiving center, average 100 patients per day, around 20-30 EMS ambulances per day.
Why Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lake Pointe
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center-Lake Pointe in Rowlett, TX is a community-based hospital with all the benefits of an urban medical center due to the specialties we offer to the community which is uncommon for this size facility. We have an extremely large footprint of outpatient services in the community including physical medicine, wound care, sleep center, imaging, and two free-standing Emergency Departments. These outpatient services serve the communities of Rowlett, Forney, Wylie, and many more in the surrounding area.
Lake Pointe is licensed for 176 beds which include three medical surgical units, an intensive care unit, Labor & Delivery, New Family Unit, Antepartum, Neonatal Intensive Care, Surgical Services, Cardiac Cath Lab, Endoscopy, Interventional Radiology, and Emergency Department. The hospital carries multiple designations including Level III Trauma, Chest Pain Accreditation, Primary Stroke Accreditation, Maternal and Level III NICU. Nursing is on their journey towards Pathways to Excellence and will seek Magnet designation once they complete Pathways.
Why Baylor Scott & White Health
At Baylor Scott & White Health, we empower each other to create healthier communities and deliver safe and high-quality care across the state of Texas. With more than 52 hospitals, 800 access points, a quality health plan and an award-winning research institute, you’ll enjoy endless opportunities to make your mark on the future of healthcare. At Baylor Scott and White Health, you’ll be joining a team that’s committed to better. Because better never settles. And neither should you.
As the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White Health has the resources to offer a variety of career opportunities to meet your personal and professional goals.
The Baylor Scott & White Health nursing team challenges each other to innovate, to constantly raise the bar and to never settle. Every day, our diverse group of team members bring unique talents, a passion for innovation and a deep Commitment to those we serve.
Baylor Scott & White Health Registered Nurses Enjoy
- Competitive pay including an RN Bonus Program rewarding nurses for providing exceptional care and improving patient outcomes.
- Attractive Relocation Assistance for full-time candidates.
- Excellent benefits including a generous 401(k) program with company match, vacation and paid time off (PTO), tuition assistance, immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits and wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy. (Note: benefits may vary based on position type and/or level).
- A strong shared governance model featuring unit-based councils that empower nurses and improve patient outcomes.
- Access to more than 4,000 hours of online continuing education for professional development.
- A strong system Nurse Practice Council that uses autonomy, authority and accountability in collaboration with transformational nursing leadership to drive nursing practice throughout Baylor Scott & White Health.
- A spirit of inquiry and innovation that promotes Evidence-based practice, research and innovations in nursing practice.
- A healthy work environment and culture of safety using inter-professional collaboration and professional competencies to meet the needs of patients to provide safe passage and quality outcomes at every encounter.
Registered Nurse Requirements
- Graduate of an Accredited Nursing Program
- RN – Registered Nurse
- BLS – Basic Life Support (required within 30 days of hire)
Baylor Scott & White Health is the most awarded system in Texas, and a Certified Great Place to Work! Consider a career move to Baylor Scott and White Medical Center – Lake Pointe and join our exceptional nursing team committed to something better.