Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Nemours is seeking Transport Registered Nurses! We are currently hiring for days or night shift Schedules will include every third weekend and 2 holidays annually in rotation.
SIGN ON BONUS! Up to 10k.
The Nemours Pediatric Critical Care Transport Team (CCTT) operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week to stabilize and transport sick and injured children. Our teams consist of two to four health care professionals, of which two are typically nurses. Direct medical command is supplied by board-certified pediatric intensivists. The CCTT nurse assumes responsibility and is accountable for the delivery and management of expert, specialty care of the critically ill or injured neonate, infant, child, or adolescent during inter-facility pediatric transports. Principal admitting diagnoses includes prematurity, respiratory illnesses, neurological disorders and trauma patients. The team uses specially-designed equipment to maintain or exceed the level of care provided by referring facilities, to include multi-parameter vital-sign monitors, high-flow oxygen delivery units, mechanical ventilators, Nitric Oxide delivery units, cooling units, compact infusion pumps and defibrillator/external pacemakers. Advanced procedures performed by CCTT staff include vascular access (intravenous and intraosseous), endotracheal intubation, chest decompression and advanced airway management.
Learn more about Nemours Nursing!
- At least two (2) years of recent pediatric critical care nursing experience required
- Must maintain or be eligible for licensure in the following states: DE, MD, PA and NJ
- American Heart Association BLS required for hire.
- Must have PALS, ACLS certification or obtain within 90 days of hire
- Must obtain ENPC, TNCC, Stable and NRP within one (1) year of date of hire
- Must obtain PHRN and DE EMT certification within two (2) years of hire
- National accredited nursing certification preferred
- Previous Transport experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, ability to collaborate effectively with other team members
- Bachelors in Nursing required
- Bilingual preferred
The CCTT transports on average ten (10) patients daily. Ninety (90) percent of patients are transported by ambulance; the remaining patients are flown by helicopter. Patient placement includes specialty care units such as pediatric intensive care, neonatal intensive care, cardiac intensive care, burn units, emergency and surgical units, as well as the general pediatric floors. In addition to performing inter-hospital transports, the CCTT staff assists with patient care in the PICU, NICU, and ED, and serves as resources to other nursing units within the hospital. The Nemours CCTT is honored to be one of only a few pediatric transport teams to offer and successfully transport patients on Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO).
Eligibility for Sign on Bonus:
- 10k paid out to RN with 5 or more years of experience in transport or ICU setting
- 5k paid out to RN with less than 5 years experience with no transport or solely ICU experience
- Will stay within Transport Department with a 2 year commitment.
- *Applies to external applicants only