Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
20 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Variable Day Shift
On Call Required
$2,000 Sign on Bonus
Summary: The Cardiac Sonographer I performs complete non-invasive transthoracic echocardiographic studies
1. Performs complete non-invasive transthoracic echocardiographic studies, including two-dimensional, M-Mode and Doppler by lab approved protocols without prompting.
2. Assists the physician with transesophageal, intraoperative, contrast, and, if designated, fetal echocardiography.
3. Functions independently and provides applicable data regarding cardiac anatomy and hemodynamics in order to assist the cardiologist in the diagnosis of congenital heart defects on most examinations.
4. Uses a variety of equipment necessary to perform testing.
5. Demonstrates the ability to assess patient status, and identify each patient's specific age requirements.
6. Is available for call 24 hours a day on a rotational basis after appropriate training/orientation period.
7. Works at remote clinic facilities and is responsible for their own transportation.
8. Acts as a customer service representative for CHMCA by promoting the "Spirit of Service" attitude, exhibiting the attitudes and behaviors that comprise the House Rules regarding greetings courtesy, respect, empathy, communications, privacy, silence, cooperation, appearance, confidentiality, initiative, and anticipation.
9. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience as a Cardiac Sonographer trainee is required.
2. Experience in clinical echocardiography performing echocardiograms is required.
3. Experience in echocardiography practice experience with the performance of at least 600 echocardiogram/Doppler exams is required. At least 100 of these examinations should be in children or patients with congenital heart disease is required.
4. Experience interacting with a variety of people and ages in a helpful manner, with understanding of growth and development specific to that age is required.
5. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
6. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
7. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Associate's degree in an allied health profession is required. Bachelor's degree in sonography, vascular technology or a minor in some aspect of ultrasound which is not CAAHEP accredited to offer echocardiography is preferred.
2. Certification: ARDMS RDCS pediatric registry within 18 months of hire, if candidate has no previous pediatric experience is required. ARDMS RDCS pediatric registry within 6 months of hire for candidate with previous pediatric experience who meets ARDMS criteria is required. An appropriate credential in echocardiography from ARDMS or CCI is required. A credential in pediatric echocardiography is preferred. Successful completion of an ultrasound or CVT program accredited by CAAHEP is required. Basic Life Support Certification is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: