AdventHealth Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida
Work Hours/Shift: FT Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Airway and Breathing • Uses positive pressure ventilation devices (bag-valve-mask) • Suctions the upper airway • Provides supplemental oxygen therapy
Assessment • Obtains patient history • Obtains vital signs • Perform 12 lead EKGs • Monitors / Interprets cardiac telemetry
Infection Control • Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, and performs hand hygiene according to accepted standards of care. Maintains aseptic technique. Demonstrates awareness of hazards which may endanger patients. Ensures adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations. Annually meets all required department specific competencies
Medical Record • Produce an accurately written, promptly completed medical record for each patient based on the scope and complexity of the procedure and patient clinical conditions. Maintain authenticity and security of the record, and follows prescribed process for amending documents.
• Assist with pre-procedural prep of patient • Transports pre-procedure and post-procedure patients between invasive labs, recovery areas and/or nursing units. • Post-procedure transport includes those patients with sheaths and/or having received procedural sedation. • Assist Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse with transport of STEMI patient from ED to Cardiac Catheterization
Lab. • Capable of arterial and venous sheath removal, bleeding control and obtaining hemostasis. • Uses external defibrillator to perform cardioversions, manual defibrillation and transcutaneous pacing. • Perform venipuncture for laboratory testing. • Performs CPR, when needed. • Under personal supervision of a physician, performs exercise and pharmacologic cardiac stress testing • Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit. Performs effectively in other roles required by campus (stress lab, procedural support and recovery unit, cardiac rehab, ECG, cardiovascular ultrasound, and Code Blue)
Pharmacological Intervention • Responsible for monitoring and transporting patients with ACLS approved medication drips and antiplatelet therapy drips. • Administer medications by IV push and/or IV infusion in emergent situations, according to AHA Guidelines following the ACLS algorithms and other emergency medication as needed. • Establish and maintain peripheral intravenous access. Administer non-medicated intravenous fluid therapy
Point of Care Testing • May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing. If performing non-waived Point of Care Testing, as defined by the state and the facility, must have approved competency and documented proof (copy of either diploma or transcript, at the highest level of academic achievement) at the time of the facility non-waived Point of Care training
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Conducts themselves in a calm and collected manner at all times • Demonstrates patient/customer focused, compassionate behavior • Takes responsibility for decisions, actions and results, and delivers on commitments • Cooperates and collaborates with team members and others • Complies with the corporate Institutional Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines • Demonstrates compliance with all federal, state and local laws; rules and government • Demonstrates effective communication skills with all team members, patients/customers and families
• Associate Degree Emergency Medical Services
• Critical Care Paramedic Certification ( CCP-C)
• Advanced levels of ECG training & arrhythmia interpretation
• Computer knowledge and skills
• Basic arrhythmia interpretation. • American Heart Association® Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) • American Heart Association® Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
The Cardiovascular (CV) Paramedic performs specific technical skills, which are utilized during pre-procedure and post procedure Interventional and Invasive Cardiovascular, Electrophysiology and Radiology procedures. Working under the general supervision of a physician medical director and the direct supervision of nursing, the CV Paramedic helps to prepare and recover patients providing efficiency, comfort, and safety of all patients. The Paramedic needs to be proficient in all aspects of their outlined job description and works within the bounds of their scope of practice, consistent with Florida statute, policies, procedures and processes of the Cardiovascular Services Department, hospital administration and adhere to the guidelines and standards of professional practice associations. A four-week notice is required for resignation/transfer, as well as any change in employment status resulting in decreased hours worked. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.