Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· 1. Performs patient care task in a safe and competent manner without significant deviations from the standard of care.
· 2. Plans, coordinates and implements PCT care in a timely manner based on individualized needs of patient.
· 3. Coordinates PCT care with RN and other interdisciplinary care to optimize patient outcomes.
· 4. Demonstrates ability to recognize changes in patient status and report those changes to RN/LPN immediately.
· 5. Maintains complete and timely documentation that assures accurate reflection of care provided.
· 6. Provides appropriate communication with multidisciplinary team members, patients and their families.
· 7. Promptly responds to patient's request for assistance in a professional and effective manner.
· 8. Refers problems/concerns to appropriate personnel immediately upon patient/family request.
· 9. Maintains communication with RN/LPN throughout entire shift to ensure accuracy of information and care provided.
· 10. Performs clerical duties such as document processing and data entry. Directs incoming telephone calls, schedules patient appointments and serves as the first point of contact for most customers. Coordinates duties with input of multidisciplinary team.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· HS Diploma or equivalent
· All current CNAs must complete the phlebotomy course and obtain ten minimal blood draws. All competencies need to be successfully complete before end of orientation. Failure to complete course, blood draws, and competency within stated time frame will be deemed no longer meeting the minimal requirements for the position and will result in separation of position.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Phlebotomy certification
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· HS Diploma or equivalent
· Entry Level - Maintains current Florida certification, Maintains PCT educational requirements as outlined in the organizational checklists.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS), certification or proof of competency is required upon hire.
· A new hire may begin employment provided the facility has the ability to facilitate the successful completion of the required AHA BLS program prior to any patient contact. This may be achieved using web-based training with voice-assisted manikin skills check off (ie: Resuscitation Quality Improvement (RQI) Program or Heartcode) or instructor-led training.
· FL DOH License required
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Phlebotomy certified
Assist patients with the activities of daily living, performs patient care tasks and maintains a safe and clean environment. Completes tasks under the supervision of a Registered Nurse within the scope of practice as defined by the Florida State Board of Nursing.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.