In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Join our Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab team as an Exercise Physiologist. We are looking for candidates with experience and a dedication to excellent patient care. This is a part-time position working Monday, Thursday and Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. There are times when you may need to come in at 6:30 a.m. or stay until 5:30 p.m. If you are interested, please apply today!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
McKee Medical Center is a 132-bed, acute-care hospital in Loveland, Colo., a vibrant arts community located 40 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park. Our hospital offers an array of inpatient and outpatient services including medical, obstetrical, pediatric, orthopedic, surgical, heart, cancer, and critical care. The McKee Cancer Center and McKee Breast Center are among Northern Colorado's leading cancer diagnosis and treatment facilities. McKee is also a Level III trauma center. We are the only hospital in the Rocky Mountain region to be designated an Epicenter for robotic-assisted gynecological surgery by Intuitive Surgical, the manufacturer of the daVinci surgical robot. Our physicians, nurses and other health care professionals can train on state-of-the-art computerized patient simulation mannequins in our simulation center. McKee is accredited by The Joint Commission.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides assessment, treatment, and education to cardiac patients and their families during rehabilitation. This position writes exercise prescriptions to progress patients through rehabilitation.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Evaluates patients functional abilities and limitations to determine appropriate intervention. Develops a plan of care and exercise goals, as ordered by physician or other referral source.
2. Implements individualized exercise plans that consider patients' physical and age-specific needs and abilities. Ensures that treatment plans are supported by standard practices and/or current literature. Re-evaluates treatment plans, as needed, to ensure safety and maximum patient benefit.
3. Educates patients, family, and other care providers to promote patient participation and attainment of exercise program goals. Provides individualized home programs with clear instructions. Instructs patients and families in pathology, discharge guidelines, risk factor modification, and exercise individually and through classes.
4. Documents patient treatment according to professional and regulatory standards.
5. Participates in the provision of training to other staff and students.
6. Follows plan of care to accomplish functions within established procedures and scope of practice. Makes independent judgments based on specialized knowledge. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physician offices, patient families, third party payers, and medical supply companies.
Requires a level of clinical knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in exercise/physiology or related field.
Requires the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare providers. Must have strong interpersonal communications and human relation skills.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R3449
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.