· Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork.
· Ensures that the Orthopedic nurse navigators at each divisional campus are monitoring and assessing current quality metrics required by orthopedic centric certification guidelines and evidence-based practice for optimal clinical outcomes.
· Oversees and coordinates with campus Orthopedic nurse navigators to monitor, assess, and publish reporting criteria required by orthopedic centric certification guidelines.
· Oversees and coordinates with campus Orthopedic nurse navigators to maintain document record keeping, including Orthopedic Governance meeting agendas, presentations, and minutes, to adhere to criteria required by orthopedic centric certification.
· Facilitates the successful survey by guiding the orthopedic nurse navigator to assist the certification surveyors in establishing and maintaining a professional relationship that lends to the productive engagement of facilities and certification associations.
· Communicates orthopedic centric certification guideline updates to the Orthopedic Governance meetings with surgeons and multidisciplinary team members.
· Leads the divisional orthopedic teams to develop and review standardized orthopedic policies and procedures throughout the division to align with orthopedic centric certification maintenance or initiation.
· Develops, facilitates, and monitors selected performance metrics and ensures compliance with all activities required to achieve and maintain an orthopedic centric certification
· Engages physicians by following through with problem resolution, recognition, and performance improvement.
· Supervises and ensures evidenced based practice and demonstrates critical thinking skills to ensure optimal, safe outcomes
What you will need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Prior experience in applying for, and maintaining campus based orthopedic centric certifications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· 2 or more years' experience in the acute care orthopedic setting.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 4 or more years' experience in the acute care orthopedic setting.
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Must possess a current Florida Registered Nursing License.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Orthopedic Nurses’ Certification (ONC).
· Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification
The Divisional Orthopedic Center of Excellence (COE) Manager is responsible for the overall management, oversight, and implementation of Center of Excellence initiatives for the regional facilities of the Orthopedic Institute within the Central Florida Division. The COE Manager guides AdventHealth orthopedic facilities to achieve and/or maintain their orthopedic centric COE certifications by developing, facilitating, and monitoring selected performance metrics and ensuring compliance with all activities required to achieve and maintain certifications. This individual will have the ability to interact with leadership, physicians, their care partners, as well as, key campus-based departments including surgery, rehabilitation and occupational therapy, nursing, case management, marketing, home health and others involved in the care of the patient to maintain performance standards relating to certifications. Continually works in collaboration with the Divisional Orthopedic team.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.