Banner Health invests in our nurses by training them to confidently and safely deliver excellent patient care. Banner Health is committed to developing the careers of our team members. We care about you, your nursing career today and your future. Great options and great opportunities.
Join our Medical Imaging Department at Banner Thunderbird Medical Center and be part of our amazing team of professionals. As an RN Services Navigator in this department, you will provide much needed administrative support to the team by coordinating schedules, organizing daily paperwork and processes, and providing excellent patient care to patients. Medical Imaging experience is highly preferred. ICU or ED experience is also preferred. Prior experience as a charge nurse (or similar form of leadership) is also preferred.
This is a Full Time (40 hours/week) consisting of four 10 hour shifts with a rotation for weekends, holidays, call time.
Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Nonprofit Banner Thunderbird Medical Center opened its doors in 1983 and has been growing ever since to meet the health care needs of the communities it serves in northwest metropolitan Phoenix. Today, the 555-bed hospital - one of the largest hospitals in the state - is annually ranked as one of the top hospitals in the Phoenix metropolitan area by US News & World Report and enjoys a reputation as the preferred provider of care to children and adults in the area in consumer preference surveys. The tertiary care hospital provides everything from routine to advanced, specialized care to both adult and pediatric patients. Specialized services include cardiology, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgery, robotic surgery, stroke care and a women and infants services program. Additionally, in partnership with top-ranked MD Anderson Cancer Center, Banner Thunderbird also offers state-of-the-art cancer care. Banner Thunderbird is certified as a Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center and features a 35-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit that cares for babies of high-risk pregnancies and those born prematurely. Banner Thunderbird is also home to the only pediatric intensive care unit for seriously ill or injured children in the area. If you would like to contribute to truly leading edge caring, we invite you to bring your experience and skills to Banner Thunderbird.
POSITION SUMMARY This position coordinates the patient and physician needs for specialty procedure based departments while providing nursing care to patients. Coordinates, plans, and directs the daily functioning of the specialty under the guidance of leadership. This position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards of professional nursing practice utilizing the framework for professional nursing practice and development. This position is accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered by self or others who are under their direction. This position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Serves as a liaison with physicians, allied health personnel, and organizational vendors to identify and prioritize specialty service supply, instrument, and equipment needs for patient procedures. Reviews future schedule to prepare required equipment and resolve supply and equipment conflicts.
2. Coordinates oversight of quality, risk management, safety, and nursing standards and is a role model and resource for providing quality patient care and maintaining clinical competency on department.
3. Formulates and implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Delegates appropriately, and provides nursing supervision in the provision of care to patients by other licensed nurses and other personnel. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
4. Ensures efficient and cost-effective use of department resources by coordinating use of appropriate supplies and equipment for scheduled procedures. Participates in continuous quality improvement of their service to benefit patient and physician needs.
5. Collaborates and communicates with leadership and support staff for identification of operational and capital inventory needs. Participates in prioritization of equipment requests for budgeting purposes.
6. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting, mentoring, and orientation when appropriate. Serves as a positive, clinical role model to facilitate staff development.
7. Communicates with scheduling for clarification of unique procedures, protocols, and inventory descriptions to facilitate the scheduling process.
8. May collaborate with staff in determining par levels for automatic reordering based on scheduled procedures, historical usage, availability, and product acquisition time.
9. Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, including vendors and physician offices. Interacts with other health care providers in numerous settings in order to report and ask for or clarify information.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a current, valid RN license in state of practice. BCLS certification is required.
Must possess experience typically demonstrated through a minimum of 3 years of related clinical experience. Must maintain clinical performance competencies appropriate to the area in which they work as demonstrated through annual validations. Must demonstrate commitment to professional improvement and practices to support the budgetary plan. Demonstrates critical thinking and leadership abilities. Requires strong oral and written communication skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree preferred. Professional certification preferred. Certification may be preferred according to work assignment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R21249
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.