Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(0\.9 FTE, Nights\) to work in the Intensive Care Unit \(ICU\) at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Registered Nurse \(RN\) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment\. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence\-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan\.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates patients' care\.
- Effectively advocates for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve\.
- Fosters a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team\.
- Leads and coordinates teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter\-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current Basic Life Support Certification \(BLS\)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification \(ACLS\)
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 2 or more years experience as an RN in a Intensive Care Unit \(ICU\) in a tertiary care hosipital
- Current CCRN Certification
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Critical Care Nursing
Req ID: 137743