Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Clinical Supervisor \(1\.0 FTE, Evenings\) to work in Critical Care at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Manager in providing overall leadership and direction for the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit and the Emergency Department to create an environment that fosters a multidisciplinary team and collaborative approach to care that achieves operational and clinical "Best Practice"\.
In this position you will:
- Participate with the Manager, overseeing all aspects of the care delivery system and work organizationally to improve service
- Participate in staff development including development and maintenance of competencies, participation in the orientation process and involvement in the educational process
- Work with Manager to establish capital and operational budgets
- Perform probationary and annual evaluations with the Manager
- Work collaboratively with physician leaders to develop methods for improving the quality of care overall
- Responsible for leading, coaching, mentoring and modeling service excellence behaviors to charge nurses and staff
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree from an accredited school of nursing\. Applicants without a BSN degree must actively pursue and attain a BSN within five years of hire\.
- Current License to practice as a Registered Nurse \(RN\) in the State of Washington
- Basic Life Support \(BLS\)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support \(ACLS\)
- At least two years of recent experience in Critical Care with demonstrated clinical knowledge and leadership qualities
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience as a Charge Registered Nurse or Clinical Supervisor
- Experience working on a Cardiovascular Intensive Care
- PALS, NIHSS, and TNCC certifications preferred
About the Cherry Hill Campus\.
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary\-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health\-care system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Critical Care Nursing
Req ID: 150932