The International Heart Institute of Montana, a nationally recognized center of cardiovascular excellence in the Rocky Mountain Northwest, is seeking an experienced, board-certified Cardiothoracic surgeon with proven leadership skills to join our team at Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana.
· This is a full time opportunity to join a robust cardiothoracic program with an annual case volume of approximately 600 cases: 300 open hearts, 120 Thoracic, and 180 other including TAVR.
· Advanced cardiac surgical skills are required, including minimally invasive valve surgery, aortic root surgery and mitral valve repair.
· Call is 1:3.
· The International Heart Institute is a joint surgical/cardiology practice, providing the full spectrum of diagnostic and therapeutic services. It has an established, full service, Structural Heart program performing approximately 100 TAVR procedures/year as well as Mitral Clip and LAA occlusion procedures. It includes a Foundation that actively pursues clinical research and ongoing physician and community educational activities, the centerpiece of which is the annual Rocky Mountain Heart Valve Symposium.
· Competitive base salary with incentive program linked to various quality metrics which can significantly increase the earning potential for this cardiothoracic surgeon.
· Additional employment benefits package will include: malpractice insurance, health insurance, matching retirement plan, 40 days paid days off and 5 CME days and CME allowance.
· A relocation allowance will be provided.
· Excellent public and private school systems. Great quality of life with easy access to the outdoors.
The International Heart Institute of Montana is an internationally recognized, comprehensive and collaborative practice offering full vascular, cardiac and thoracic interventions and services. The IHI is located on the campus of Missoula's Providence St. Patrick Hospital and has received numerous awards as one of the Top 50 Cardiovascular programs from Truven Health. Researchers and cardiologists have created an atmosphere of intellectual curiosity and discovery to advance cardiac care. Physicians work alongside scientists to apply new treatments from the lab to the patient. Each year the institute hosts the annual Rocky Mountain Valve Symposium, which draws the top heart specialists from around the world for workshops, lectures and training in new procedures. Our heart specialists regularly travel to eleven IHI clinics as well as to other communities across western Montana and Idaho for medical consultations.
Missoula is a sophisticated university town of 65,000 located about halfway between Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks. The Clark Fork River runs through it, granite peaks surround it, and that famous Big Sky hangs over it all. The area offers unlimited recreational opportunities (ski, paddle, fish or hike out your back door) and numerous cultural amenities, including a symphony and an active theatre and arts scene. Missoula is a family-oriented community with great schools (elementary through university) and social activities year round. The climate is relatively mild; winters, for example, are warmer here than in much of the Midwest and Northeast. Western Montana summers are absolutely glorious, with long, adventure-inspiring days, starry nights and fresh mountain air.
Providence Health & Services is an integrated, not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and providers in Alaska, California, Montana, Oregon and Washington. We are affiliated with Swedish Health Services, Pacific Medical Centers, Kadlec and Facey Medical Group, sharing one EMR and best practices to create healthier communities, together. Learn more at www.providence.org/providerjobs .
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Montana Medical License (MD or DO)
- BLS for Healthcare Provider certification from the American Heart Association
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Physicians
Req ID: 147068