Providence is calling a Registered Nurse - Surgery (Operating Room), Full Time, Variable Shift to Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
**$10k Sign On Bonus - For External Applicants
Caregiver Referral Bonus Available
In this position you will:**
- Provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients n an acute care environment.
- Be accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan
- Engage in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge
Required qualificationsfor this position include:
- California Registered Nurse license
- If the Registered Nurse holds a multistate licensethrough the Nurse Licensure Compact, the RN must adhere to therequirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Nursing degree/diploma
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor'sdegree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree or higher within 3 yearsof hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not berequired to obtain a BSN
- Any previously agreed upon effective date forobtaining a Bachelor's degree in nursing between individual and facilitywill remain in effect
- Any collective bargaining contract with specific timeframes for obtaining a bachelor's degree in nursing will supersede theabove point and will remain in effect
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basisat each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader inconsultation with the Human Resources leader
- MUST have at least 1 year experience as an acute careOR / Surgery RN or completion of thespecialty residency located at the facility
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider cardmust be from the following authorized governing bodies: American HeartAssociation (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC), or Military Training Network(MTN) upon hire
Preferred qualificationsfor this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
About the hospital youwill serve:
Providence Saint John's
is recognized by Healthgrades® at http://www.healthgrades.com/hospital-directory/california-ca-los-angeles/providence-saint-johns-health-center-hgst2a518d46050290?#Ratings with
an Excellence Award for Neurosurgery, and as one of America's 100 Best
Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery, Coronary Intervention, and Joint Replacement;
and has been named one of America's 50 top hospitals for overall patient safety
for eight years in a row.
Our award winning
surgical team perform some of the most advanced laparoscopic and
minimally-invasive surgeries in the Western United States. We have a total of 17 operating rooms and achieve over 8,000 highly specialized surgeries each
The caregivers at
Providence Saint John's perform the following surgical procedures:
Neurosurgery, Oncology, Orthopedic, Heart & Vascular, OB/GYN, Plastics,
Spine, and Urology, among others (all services except transplants).
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Services (Intraop)
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 148010