Providence is calling a full time, night shift Staff Registered Nurse to the CriticalCare Float Pool at the Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills,CA.
The Critical Care Float
Pool Registered Nurse is a highly skilled and experienced RN, capable of demonstrating
strong competencies in the Intensive Care Unit, Post Anesthesia Care Unit and
the Progressive Care Unit, all while being highly adaptable to changing
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluatepatient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care topromote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those weserve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families,nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify andcorrect problems.
- Engagein ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry thatexplores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence basedpractice.
- Leadand coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate withothers as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integratenursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Active California state RN license
- CurrentBasic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers fromthe American Heart Association (AHA), American Red Cross (ARC) orMilitary Training Network (MTN).
- CurrentAdvance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification fromthe American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network(MTN).
- CurrentNational Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Certification.
- Twelve (12) or more months acute care experienceworking with the patient population similar to department of hire orcompletion of the specialty residency located at that facility.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN)
- National certification in area of specialty
About the hospital youwill serve.
recognized for clinical excellence and trauma care, Providence Holy Cross
Medical Center is a 377-bed, level II trauma center in Mission Hills,
California. We are the only Magnet® Designated
Hospital in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Holy Cross also has been recognized this year by
the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the best places to work in Los
Angeles. As our reputation for excellence grows, so does our facility. We have
recently expanded our medical center with the addition of a new 138-bed patient
care wing. This expansion has made Providence Holy Cross Medical Center one of
the largest hospitals serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Critical Care Nursing
Location: California-Mission Hills
Req ID: 142459