Reading Health Physician Network, a non-profit affiliate of Reading Health System, is seeking a BE/BC Internal Medicine physician to provide medical services in the general care and treatment of patients in an existing outpatient practice setting in Muhlenberg Township, Berks County. With over 300 physicians and healthcare providers providing primary and specialty care services to the community in more than 60 locations, Reading Health Physician Network's goal is to provide our patients with the excellent care they deserve in a Clinically-Integrated environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including health, professional liability and disability insurance
- Generous time-off allowance
- Relocation assistance
- CME stipend
- Occurrence-based Malpractice Insurance
- 403(b) and 457(b) plans
- H1-B and Green Card support
- Supportive Health System to advance goals
Candidates must be BC/BE in Internal Medicine.
About Reading Health System:
- Main West Reading campus is located in scenic Berks County
- 695 acute beds, 22-building complex on 36 suburban acres
- 112 beds, including 50 skilled nursing beds, at our Reading Health Rehabilitation Hospital located in Spring Township
- Busiest emergency department in Pennsylvania with over 131,000 visits per year
- Level II Trauma Center
- More than 3,500 births annually; high-risk pre- and post-natal care; IVF and fertility services
- 30-bed, Level III NICU
- Miller Regional Heart Center
- McGlinn Cancer Institute - recently recertified by the Commission on Cancer with a gold rating and reaccreditation by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Certification Program
Ambulatory services of Reading Health System are extended through facilities located throughout the community, including 17 laboratory and 13 imaging centers, Occupational Health Services, over 70 physicians in 19 office complexes. Additional services include Reading Health Rehabilitation Hospital, 9 outpatient therapy locations, Joint Replacement Center, Weight Management Center, Sports Medicine and QuickCare and Urgent Care.
Moving Medicine Forward: Reading HealthPlex
Our newest expansion, a 476,000 square foot surgical and inpatient tower, is Reading HealthPlex for Advanced Surgical & Patient Care. Now one of the most technologically advanced and sophisticated surgical centers in the region, this new facility features:
- 24 surgical suites, including 6 hybrid operating rooms
- 8 minor procedure rooms
- 150 private patient rooms equipped with smart technology
- 16 new emergency treatment rooms and expansion to 5 trauma bays
- 88,000 square foot rooftop Healing Garden making up over 72% of the building’s overall footprint and the third largest green roof on a healthcare building in the United States.
Of the more than 30 awards, certifications and designations earned by Reading Health, just a few include HealthGrades™ Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row, as well as, their America’s 100 Best Specialty Care Hospitals for critical care, pulmonary care and stroke care award; The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval; recognized by Verras’ Medical Value Index as one of the 10 Best Hospitals in Pennsylvania for acute care; award winning hospital by The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association; Hospitals and health networks Healthcare’s Most Wired Award; and Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the 50 greenest hospitals in America. Through the strategic initiatives of clinical integration, improving the patient experience, as well as, employee and provider engagement, and finally operational excellence; our Mission is to provide compassionate, accessible, high quality, cost effective health care to the community; to promote health; to educate healthcare professionals; and to participate in appropriate clinical research.
Reading Health System is located in West Reading, Berks County, 60 miles northwest of Philadelphia. Reading is home to the Berks Jazz Fest, held annually for more than 25 years. At the downtown Santander Performing Arts Center, recognized as one of the top 100 concert venues in the US, you can see entertainers from Elton John to Jerry Seinfeld. The Reading Symphony Orchestra and Reading Choral Society offer more traditional performances, while every year, tens of thousands flock to Reading for World War II Weekend that features living history re-enactors, vintage WWII aircraft, and military vehicles. The Reading Public Museum , Arboretum, and Neag Planetarium, located immediately next to the hospital's campus in West Reading, offers historical and educational programs for families, adults, and children. GoggleWorks, a restored factory, is one of the largest, most comprehensive interactive community arts centers in the country. There they offer an exceptional opportunity for visitors to experience and learn about the arts in a working studio environment.
Berks County offers excellent schools, affordable homes, colleges and parks in addition to a multitude of cultural, recreational, shopping, sporting attractions and social amenities all within driving distance of shore points, Philadelphia, Washington, DC and New York City.
Check out the links below to learn more about West Reading and Berks County!