Providence is calling a Registered Nurse, Staff - Emergency (0.6 FTE, Nights) to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA.
The shift times are 2230-0700, working every other weekend.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) who enjoys the fast paced environment of an Emergency Room and working with a variety of diverse health care needs.
We are the largest emergency department in Washington state and the only adult Trauma II Emergency Department in Snohomish County with 79 large, private treatment rooms serving more than 110,000 patients a year. We have 4 dedicated trauma rooms and diagnostic imaging is conveniently located with the department.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, and evaluate nursing care needs for patients who are in a crisis situation, taking both physical and psycho social elements into consideration.
- Use open and clear communication with patients, family members, and other emergency medical professionals.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
At Providence Regional Medical Center Everett we are committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. Literature shows that having BSN-prepared RNs contributes significantly to the quality of care. To that end, we are requiring that all nurses be either BSN-prepared or achieve their BSN within five (5) years of hire.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within five (5) years
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in Washington State
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) must be from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN) upon hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) must be from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Core (ENPC) and Trauma Nurse Core (TNCC) certifications are due within 12 months of hire and must be from Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)
- Twelve (12) months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- National certification in area of specialty
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of Epic electronic medical record system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: 137890