Thank you for your interest in the RN position in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab at Lutheran Heart and Neurovascular Center.
The Cath Lab has four state-of-the-art procedure rooms for performing numerous heart and vessel imaging studies and treatments. Our diagnostic and interventional Cath Lab houses 4 rooms: 2 GE Labs, 1 2015 upgraded GE Biplane, plus a new Phillips XPER FD 20 x ray. We perform Cardiac Catheterization, Pacemaker insertions and revisions, Peripherals, Electrophysiology Studies and Ablations, Neuro angiograms and interventions. Approximately 1,600 procedures are performed each year.
We use MacLab for reporting, Volcano, (IVUS and FFR) and ACIST power injectors.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse skilled in the Cath Lab.
EP Lab experience is a plus.
Schedule is 4-10 hr shifts.
Call shifts are 10-12/month including 1 full weekend Fri-Sun.
Our hospital is 5 minutes south of Hwy 70- a quick jump to your adventures in the mountains!
This position is located at Lutheran Medical Center at 8300 West 38th Avenue, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033. Please check your commute distance. This position requires a 30 min arrival to hospital for call. Are you within 30 minutes of this location?
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Care Site Description
Lutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Wheat Ridge, CO (estab. 1905)
- Community-based, acute care hospital, Level III Trauma Center
- 2,100 associates, 900 physicians, 600 volunteers
- 338 beds
Services & Expertise
- 5-Star Birthing Center
- Breast Care Center (NAPBC accredited)
- Bridges Integrative Health & Wellness
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Heart & Neurovascular
- Primary Stroke Center
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior ER, Behavioral Health & Surgery
- Sleep Center
- Spine Center
- Women & Family Center
Kudos: Lutheran is recognized for quality, safety & patient experience by Truven, the Joint Commission & more!
The Registered Nurse (RN) in the cath Lab works FT, 4-10s, plus 10-12 on call shifts a month (includes 1 full weekend).
The RN will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physicians’ orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The RN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patient’s medical status upon admission and throughout the patient’s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Associate's degree in nursing, required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, preferred
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred